Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 24 November 2008

Oh me, Oh my...I have been graced with not one, but two awards - you are too kind. This first is a Kreativ Blogger from Jonathan at AroundBritainWithAPaunch - if you haven't popped by to visit Jonathan and Sarah's blog - it is definitely worth a visit. One of his recent postings is about his day making macaroons at L'Atalier - they look as good as Laduree macaroons and I am very impressed. The other Hard Working Food Blogger award is very kindly from Bellini Valli
of more than burnt toast whose most recent post of Mexican Chicken Soup literally made my mouth water - I will definitely be making this. Rightly Bellini Valni has already received both of these awards already, otherwise I would have passed one back to her.

So now it falls to me to pass these awards on to the well deserving

Hard Working Food Blogger
Jonathan and Sarah at Around Britain with a Paunch
William Leigh at Theboydonefood - who has just been put in the top 10 food blogs by the times and is also writing a food blog for Hello Magazine - so pleased for you on both these counts Will
Katrina of Shes in the kitchen who has some truly scrumptions cakes on her blog
Marie at Oak Cottage - I don't know how you manage to turn out some many delicious recipes every day Marie - you put me to shame
and of course fellow Masterchef foodie David Hall - there is no other more hard working food blogger out there in my view

Kreativ Blogger
Gareth and Amy for their inspiring rid the debt story
Lucy of the Smallest Smallholding with lovely stories of country life
Tammy of Wee Treats By Tammy - who is a fellow lawyer and cupcake queen after my own heart
Joanne at Joanne's Food who shows that eating carefully can still be creative
and I Heart Cupcakes whose obsession with cupcakes puts mine to shame

Well done one and all!

9 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

You deserve both of these awards Hannah. I would have voted David for the Hard Working blogger as well...I will have to check out your other picks:D

William Leigh said...

Thanks my love - most appreciated. Can't wait to get my mits on a copy of the books!

Marie Rayner said...

Congrats on the awards Hannah, and many, many thanks for passing them on to me! I am truly humbled to be in such great company!

Joanna said...

Well done Hannah - and thank you so much for thinking of my blog, it means a lot coming from someone whose blog I really look forward to reading

Your post about the book has whetted my appetite, and I'll keep a sharp look out for the mushroom photo ;)

Hugs
Joanna

Tammy said...

wow, thanks Hannah! Congrats on receiving the award and also thank you so much for passing it onto me! what an honour!!!!

Tammy

Browners said...

Hey Hannah

Thanks so much for the award. It's so kind of you. And a massive thank you for unearthing some fascinating blogs. I've spent the whole morning so far devouring them.

I heart cupcakes said...

Thanks ever so much Hannah -that certainly cheered me up on a cold and damp Monday night!
I can't wait for your book to be out - your blog always makes me hungry!!

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my

first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I

will keep visiting this blog very often.


Deborah

Term Life Insurance

Hannah said...

Thanks Deborah - glad that you like the blog!

Thanks too everyone else for your lovely messages - you awards were very well deserved as I love all your blogs!