Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 14 October 2008

Rather belatedly, a short report on my trip to BBC Radio Northampton last week. I have to say that I loved being on the radio and surprisingly I wasn't nervous at all!!! Bernie and Anna were lovely and made me feel so welcome, as did Bernie's dog Riley who came and sat with his head on my lap whilst I was being interviewed. After over 10 minutes of interview, we had covered Masterchef, the book, magazine writing, how best to roast potatoes, cooking with an Aga, Jamie Oliver and the poor state of the Nations culinary skills and cooking with lavender. These are the cakes and cookies I took for them to try whilst we were on air - although I am not sure Bernie was convinced by cooking with lavender, he was definitely a fan of the edible glitter!!

3 comments:

Celia Hart said...

I can imagine the cup cakes and biscuits went down a storm at Radio Northampton! Have they invited you back for a regular slot?

Was it your Floral Fancies colleague on Gardener's World on BBC2 last week? I didn't realise that Phlox flowers are edible - another thing to nibble as I garden!

Celia

Marie Rayner said...

Sounds like a great experience Hannah! I wish I could have heard you! Those cakes look fab!

Milhan said...

I tried to listen from way over here in New Jersey...but I couldn't get the audio to work on my computer :(

Next time I suppose. Congrats on a successful visit!