Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 28 January 2008

As I have mentioned before on this blog, afternoon tea is my favourite of all meals! This weekend my lovely German friend Maren was visiting from Hamburg and yesterday we hosted afternoon tea for the Brown family including my favourite German cake! On the menu...Welsh rarebit crumpets, Chocolate peanut cookies, Plum roulade, Lemon and white chocolate cupcakes, Chocolate and Violet cupcakes and my all time favourite German cake - Mohn Kuchen - a baked poppy seed curd cheese cake (pictured above)! Thanks to Jonathan for the lovely photos!

7 comments:

Rita said...

This is so lovely Hannah! You are so inspiring! Thank you for sharing it with us. I am planning a morning tea this week for my birthday. I collect teacups and will bring some of them out. Am going to make the pretty apple cake I told you about.

Browners said...

For everyone looking at this... the cakes and goodies taste even better than they look! Hannah, I've never had a better afternoon tea. Thank you so much.

I'll write a post in return on my blog soon.

All the best.

Jonathan

x

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Gosh, what lucky friends!

Any chance of sharing that poppy seed curd cake recipe? It looks fantastic, and I love anything with poppy seeds...

Sylvie said...

That is one delicious looking spread. If afternoon tea was always like that I think it'd become my favourite meal, too.

Marie Rayner said...

Oh, what a feast you had! I would love the recipe for the German cake. I happen to love anything German and poppy seeds, the two together must be heavenly!!!

Evelin said...

that curd cheese poppy seed cake reminds my of my own curd cheese poppy seed cake!:) It once happened that I had the biggest craving for poppy seeds and ended up with a similar cake - only that in mine the bottom layer has seeds in it.

heartwarming! your cooking sounds incredible!:)

Rosie said...

Oh what a perfect teatime spread! Everything viewed as pure perfection! Oh what lucky friends :) Oh I would love to know how to make the German cake!

Rosie x